Friday, April 18, 2008

Comedy or tragedy

When I was in High School, I had this vision that after I graduated college, I'd get a high-paying job, I'd be able to buy anything I want, I'd be driving a Mercedes Benz or a BMW, I'd go home to my own house, I'd have a beautiful wife and have smart, responsible and beautiful children.

None of that is close to coming true. I've maxed out my credit cards, I'm striving to make my salary fit, I ride public transport, I go home to a rented condominium unit I really can't afford and the last time I had a meaningful relationship, I let her go. This couldn't be further from what I thought my future would be. You here of people encounter a crossroads in their lives and that decision made the difference for them. I keep thinking where that crossroad was in my life. When was it that I had to make a decision which brought me down this very miserable path?

My life looks like it was a tragedy waiting to happen. There wasn't a conscious effort for it to be so. It was just that I was bound to fail. Or maybe, the crossroad I was looking for hasn't come and that everything will turn out all right in the end.

No comments: