Monday, April 21, 2008

My 500-Peso Challenge

I was walking home last night and a thought suddenly hit me. I've been talking about the hardships of life and all that; why don't I find out what I can do about it. So I've decided to take a 500-Peso Chllenge. How far will my P500 actually let me go?

Here are my expenses thus far.
P12 for the train fare (I walked to the train station because I'm too stingy to take a tricycle)
P24 for food bought from a lugawan I found in Cubao
P20 for the bus fare gong to Makati
P8 for 4 sticks of cigarettes (4 sticks is a real sacrifice for me)
P53 for food bought from a Jolly Jeep
Which totals P117.

But I still need to go home and I need food before I sleep. Turns out this challenge is not very exciting and it'll probably end soon. But let's see. At this rate, P500 is probably going to last less than 3 days.

Tomorrow, I may take the jeep instead which saves me P4.50 each way. Then I'll also try to lessen the number of cigarettes by, ummm..., 1.

No comments: